Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Brunch and a gift!

Last Saturday we had some friends over for brunch. We had cinnamon rolls, fruit , a breakfast casserole and Fruit Salad! I thought I would share the salad it is delicious and very low calorie, even better.
Fruit Salad
1 can unsweetened pineapple chunks
1 can reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained.
1 can reduced-sugar sliced peaches, drained.
1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
1 pkg. (3 oz) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
2 firm bananas
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries well drained.
Drain Pineapple, reserving juice in a 1 cup measuring cup. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, pears, peaches, and grapes. Cover and chill. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan. Whisk in pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. remove from the heat: set aside to cool to room temperature.
Slice bananas into a bowl. drizzle with lemon juice; gently toss to coat and let stand for 5 minutes then drain. Add bananas and cherries to chilled fruit. Add cooled pudding; toss gently to combine. refrigerate until serving.
I think on Weight Watchers 1/2 cup is 2 points!



I also thought I would tell you about some really good movies that my girls got for Christmas...
The Love Comes Softly Series.
This series was written by Jeanette Oke.
These videos are about the life and struggles of a family as they travel West to begin a new life. Tragedy strikes and they are led down a path they had not planned. God is present and leading every day. I loved this series as it teaches very real truths about making choices every day to choose God's Way.
It is definitely a chick thing but a very sweet series!

5 comments:

Angie Ochoa said...

Great Christmas gift! I loved the books and have enjoyed some of the movies. I don't think I've seen them all yet.

Angie said...

Those books are great! I'll have to see about checking out the movies too!

Sarah said...

Yummy! Those movies/books are the best! We love them in our family!

trish said...

Hello, I am visiting today through The Happy Homebody. :o) I adore the Love Comes Softly Series. A real favorite in our home. :o) Plus your brunch looks and sounds delicious.
Happy New Year.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Angie Ochoa said...

Debbie,

My husband is working on a few different things. He's not "in school" right now, but has taken almost all of the courses he needs to be ordained. We are currently going to a "Sovereign Grace" church in the SF Bay Area, called Wellspring. It's an awesome Bible-teaching, God-worshipping church!

Have a Happy New Year!
Angie