Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake

Today's Sweet Melissa Recipe was Whole Orange-Poppy Seed Cake
chosen by Melissa of "LuLu the Baker". It is on page 16 of the Sweet Melissa book.
I chose the Lemon version of this since my girls are not that fond of Orange. They like Orange juice but all the pop sickles that have not been eaten in the freezer are the orange ones.
This recipe was easy but required that you use an entire lemon. You remove the stems from the ends and pureed with the skins and all. It made the cake delicious and moist.The glaze gave it just the right amount of tart/sweetness.
My girls and I loved this and it was easy enough I will make again.
Thanks Melissa,a great choice.

10 comments:

Flourchild said...

Your bread looks tasty sitting on that beautiful plate! Did you bake it in your new apron:)?

Kathryn said...

Looks fabulous! Lemon bread is one of our family's favorites.

Karine said...

This lemon version of this bread looks yummy!

Hanaâ said...

Your cake looks great. Nice dome and crack in the middle. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Basically, Baby Boots said...

Your cake looks scrumptious! I can see how moist it is. I'm glad that the lemon worked out for you and the family and would make it again. Have a wonderful week.

Beth Herring said...

My favorite cake of all time!!! I love this and just have to try the recipe.

Cristine said...

Glad you really enjoyed this one! I can't wait to try the lemon version!

Lulu the Baker said...

Thanks for baking with me this week! You should try the orange version sometime. It wasn't super orangey, just a little different from the usual lemon-poppyseed flavor.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That looks fantastic and I love lemon in baking. Makes me want to gobble it right up!
Carrie

myinfonexus said...

Tried it :) http://kitchen.galanter.net/2009/04/21/lemon-poppy-seed-cake/ very very good!