Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet Melissa Sunday

I was so excited to bake this week because my friend Michelle from Flourchild is hosting.
I met Michelle when I lived in Idaho. I was trying to remember where we met and I think it was at Bible Study Fellowship but I could be wrong. Anyway, we have a special bond because both of our first daughters are adopted. We were both trying to get pregnant at the same time and she and her husband adopted first. I keep in touch with her every year via Christmas cards and two years ago found out that she had a blog. She was doing this baking club and I decided to join in.
It has been fun to keep up with her on a weekly basis and see what a great cook that she is. Go over to her blog and check out all the delicious baking that she does, it will not disappoint!
For some reason this week I must have read the list wrong because I baked Cherry Clafoutis Tart. It had Clafoutis and Almonds in it and I guess I really should start wearing my glasses more but here it is.




This recipe called for fresh cherries and then had a heavy cream and milk filling,
it was more like a custard.
It was different and this picture was after is sat in the fridge
but it was still not my favorite.
Thanks Michelle for hosting this week, I'll have to try the Sweet Plum Clafoutis with Almonds.
Go check hers out it looks delicious.

7 comments:

Just me said...

Wow! That looks great! I might have to look for that recipe too at some stage!

Candy said...

Looks great - sorry you didn't enjoy it more!

Flourchild said...

Im so glad you baked with me this week. Your tart looks amazing! No worries on baking the wrong thing!

We did meet at Bible Study Fellowship. Thank you for saying all the nice things about me. I am glad we have kept in touch over the years. You are a blessing!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This looks great. I am glad you made this one because I want to try it, now.

Shandy said...

Looks delicious and you have the clafoutis and almonds right so 2 out of 3 works! Michelle is a sweetheart and I have enjoyed baking along with her over the last several years. I wonder if SMS has made this recipe yet? Now that I have seen yours, I would like to halve the recipe and bake this one too. Yours looks perfect!

Anonymous said...

Classic mix up! I tend to triple check the pages just to be sure I'm making the right thing because I am notorious for getting side tracked and picking up on a completely different recipe.

Julie said...

How fun that you and Michelle know each other! The cherry tart looks delicious!