Part of me is doing the happy dance and part of me is sad.
I have really enjoyed teaching the Sparks ( K-2nd grade) the "who" stories of the Bible.
This year I have prepared 31 lessons about characters, like Moses, Aaron, Miriam, Joseph, Jacob, Esau, Abraham, and many more.
We have even talked about a Donkey and what he had to say.
Tonight we are talking about Daniel.
Daniel grew up in Jerusalem where he lived with his family and had the freedom to worship the one true God but while he was a young man he was taken captive to live in Babylon .
He never gave in to the ways of the Babylonians and never gave up his faith
even though he was sent to the lions dens for praying.
Daniel was a light in a very dark world.
Later in his life he was even able to be a witness to the king and share words from God.
I am encouraging the kids to not let Awana be over.
To continue being a light in a dark world. To pass on their faith and not give up!
I did not grow up in a christian home but through a church camp experience,
I became a christian when I was only nine years old.
My parents started taking me to church after I accepted Christ,
and from that my dad and my whole family accepted the Lord.
God had a plan for my life and He has a plan for each one of them.
I hope that I have been able to show them that they can pass their faith on to someone else,
it doesn't have to be a kid. For me it was my dad!
Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed!
2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth!
1 comment:
i have been wanting to know what AWANA stands for forever! thanks for this post...so great to remember that we need to keep our light shining all day..every day!
Post a Comment