Friday, April 3, 2009

Which is your favorite?


We have this ongoing issue at my house. When I make a salad people eat bites. But when we go out to eat they eat lots. Especially if we go to "Montana Mikes". Montana Mikes is a steak house, and the girls love their salad. What is in the salad? Lettuce, cheese, few carrot slivers, maybe a couple of chunks of tomato, some red onion and croutons but the best part for the girls is their ranch dressing. I asked the waitress what is the name brand? She said they make it and had no idea what was in it. So I went to Wal-mart and got every ranch dressing they had and made a very similar version of the Montana Mike salad. We had a taste contest and everybody picked their favorite.Their favorite was the Hidden Valley, both the light and Regular. Do your kids have a favorite?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is a GREAT post! I think every family has this dilemna (ask Christy about Jessica's preference!). Honestly, I usually buy whatever is the least expensive and they typically ends up being the Wal-Mart brand; which is actually pretty good (so is their Ceasar).

Christy said...

Ahhh... the great Ranch dressing debate! Jessica is the ranch expert... she is uses it with everything... french fries, garlic bread, grilled chicken, pizza, just to name a few. She prefers Kraft but will eat Hidden Valley which is my favorite. My all time favorite is the Hidden Valley you make from the packet.

trish said...

I am actually the only one who eats Ranch dressing. :o) I love it for dipping my pizza, chicken nuggets, fries, fresh vegetables, etc. :o) I have always liked Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. :o) If I have a recipe that calls for Ranch to be mixed in, I use the packet. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne